Growing up we all have different understanding of what truly the culture and the people of Akwa Ibom stand for. As a state that was new at the time, it took a lot to get development going in Akwa Ibom. A lot of the young ones in the state were faced with so many challenges which included having a good and well respected job portfolio.
With the current governor of Akwa Ibom, Mr Udom Emmanuel he truly came and became that man of the youths, he changed the fate of thousands of Entrepreneurs and civil servants for the better through his training and empowerment programs. He truly made the nation to understand the quote ‘The youths are the leaders of tomorrow” by equipping them to all the need to stand well in the society.
As a Human Resource Consultant I can tell you that the Trainings the Governor did is his state has singlehandedly created a great opportunity for youths of Akwa Ibom to compete with not just the nation but globally with their fellow youths.
World Class Trainings Sponsored by the Governor
- Training of 3000 youths on Oil and Gas.
- Training and ceication of over 500 young entrepreneurs in business communication and related areas, through My Entrepreneurship Goals Programme (MEGP).
- Training of 2050 Akwa Ibom youths in Web Development and Visual designing.
- Training of 200 Akwa Ibom youths in Oracle, and another 200 on Micro Works to enable them source for jobs online.
- Training of 2,234 basic school administrators on Covid-19 prevention protocols.
- Training of 850 Teachers and 150 Head teachers (1000 teachers) on Jolly Phonics.
- Conversion of former Technical College Ikot Ada Idem to a state Of-the-art Entrepreneurial and Skill acquisition Centre.
- Training and refresher course for 20 Biomedical Engineers (for maintenance of the hospital equipment in the state.
- Training and Ceication of 100 Doctors and Nurses in Basic Lives Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), with medical emergency training experts from the US.
- Training of over 40,000 Akwa Ibom youths in various skills including solar installation, ICT and agro based ventures.
- Training and re-training of different categories of Civil Servants in the state.
- Training of farmers on vegetable production.
- Training of Animal Scientists on 6 on Goat Multiplication and insemination programme in South Africa.
- Training of 30 First Responders on Gender Based Violence response and data management.
- ●Sponsorship of two teams in the Nigerian Premier League, and other teams in the nation’s league, including Ibom Angels and Ibom Youth FC.
- Sponsorship of youths to undergo foreign training programmes in specialized welding and other engineering welds in the USA.
- Youth Empowerment in Agribusiness Program for 50 Akwa Ibom Youths.
SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES
- Provision of over N2bn interest free loan for small scale entrepreneurs and traders.
- Implementation of Ibom Enterprises Development Schemes (IBEDS) for empowerment of Entrepreneurs in the State.
- Establishment of Akwa Ibom Enterprise and Employment Scheme (AKEES) that is promoting: entrepreneurship in the State.
- Provision of shipping equipment to groups in coastal communities.
- Construction of model Skill Development Centre at Ikot Akpan Ndua, Ibesikpo Asutan LGA for training of youths and women in specialized skills.
- Provision of Food Processing Equipment and Agricultural inputs to co-operative groups through Akwa Ibom State Life Enhancement Agency.
- Setting up of the Micro Enterprise and Development Agency by enacting the Akwa Ibom Micro Enterprise and Development Agency Law (AKMEDA).
- Vocational training of youths in various sectors including agriculture, power and SMEs.
- Empowerment of women, youths, and elders through Inter-ministerial Direct Labour jobs.
Truly Mr Udom Emmanul Changed the face of Akwa Ibom for the better and he is a true remarkable leader that the people of Akwa Ibom and the country at Large will not forget in a hurry.