Sometimes in life we are faced with some hard situations that we never imagined. These situations leaves a very sharp scar in our hearts that puts us in a very confused state of mind, such that figuring out how to heal or how to get back our joy and happiness becomes very difficult. Just somehow we look very deep and yet we can’t see a tiny glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.
Earlier this week I attended a book launch by a friend, who lost his 2 year old through a tragic accident. listening to him talk about how he felt and how the pain was so unbearable, I tried to imagine the pain he felt at the time.
Just less that 48hours after the event something happened, made me realize that truly some scars can’t just go away. For the first time in my life, I felt betrayed and scattered beyond what sincerely you can imagine. I felt completely alone, Flashing images of my adult life so far came rushing through my head, all I could see before me was regrets and then this sharp pain that hurts my soul beyond what I could explain. With these pains cutting deep through my heart, I knew if not managed well could be disastrous and I don’t want to be in that situation where I will be left at the mercy of my own pains. Gradually I began to practice these few Tips.
These few tips helped me to getting to where I am at the moment, might not be the perfect place but I’m gradually taking micro actions to ensure that I get the complete wholeness and healing that I deserve. If you’re in such a situation I was a couple of months back, I hope these tips will help to gradually relieve your pains and get you to where you want to be.
- Pray: Finding out that I couldn’t get myself out of this pain, I began to talk to God more often. I wasn’t necessarily kneeling down or standing but I developed the act of speaking to God while doing almost everything. I found myself praying while cooking, doing the laundry. in the bathroom …basically everywhere …anytime.
- Meditation: I began to connect to my inner most self. I try to get a good quite time for myself which is by 5am every morning before the craziness of the day starts.
- Journaling: Journaling became part of my daily therapy. the moment I start feeling those sharp pains that hits my soul off and on, I pick up my pen and I write. most times I write down all the things I felt that are not the way I want them to be, but some other times I write about how beautiful my life is, I write about how my kids made me laugh, a friend I need to say thank you to, or just about fashion….just about anything.
- Listening to podcasts: I downloaded lots of podcasts both motivational, jokes, fashion and lots more.
- Music: Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” usic. Music has a way of taking it all away. The more I listened to good sounds the easy it became for me.
We all have times when our hearts are troubled and in pains or be a situation when we can’t find happiness or joy at a given time. When you experience such situations be intentional in trying to get yourself out, endeavor to connect to your inner self to enable you make the changes that you need most. Also note that family and friends might not be able to understand the type of pain you’re experiencing considering there’s no physical pain.
I wish you all the best on your road to recovery and discovery. I hope these tips will help you get some relive from what’s troubling you.
Please note that this is not a medical advice, should you feel that you are having a mental instability do visit a mental health specialist.