Gratitude Makes You Happier
The word Gratitude is derived from the Latin word “Gratia, which means grace, graciousness or gratefulness (depending on the context).
Gratitude is being thankful for what you’ve received be it tangible or intangible by being grateful, you acknowledge the goodness in your life thereby recognizing that the source of that goodness lies at least partially outside of yourself.
As a result of gratitude your perception about life changes and in-turn your life changes. Being grateful will help you feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve your health, deal with adversity and build strong relationships.
WAYS TO CULTIVATE GRATITUDE DAILY
Gratitude helps people to refocus on what they have instead of what they lack. Although it may feel contrived at first, this mental state grows stronger with use and practice.
- Count Your Blessings- Take out time every week to sit and write about your blessings- pick a number weekly maybe 3 or 5 things that you’re grateful for. Be specific, think about how you felt when something good happened to you.
- Journal- keep a journal of all the things you’ve received each day. Share the good news of any gift you’ve received with loved ones.
- Write a Thank You Note- when you say thank you to someone who has impacted your life, it makes you happier and nurture your relationship with the person. It could be your spouse, your family, co-worker, boss, child or a friend ….anybody. Make a habit of sending at least one gratitude letter/note a month.
- Pray- You can use prayers to cultivate gratitude.
- Mediate- Take out time to mediate as this will give you a time out to think and remember all the things you need to be grateful for.
Regardless of what you’re facing be it psychological or physical challenges, if you’ve never taken time to be grateful before, I encourage you to try it. Much of our time and energy is spent pursing things we currently don’t have.Gratitude reserves our priorities to help us appreciate the people and things we do.
Enter Your Primary Email Below and confirm to get our evergreen Updates straight to Your Inbox.
We respect your privacy and will never spam.
We Hate Spam